Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as an Accounts Receivable at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this role will act as a hands-on leader and will provide support and assistance to the Director of Finance in the overall management of the Accounts Receivable team. You will also work closely to ensure that accurate and timely financial information is provided as required.
You take Accounts Receivable seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Lead an aggressive and focused effort to resolve customer issues using collection and deduction resolution techniques to improve free cash flow and working capital
- Manage the integrity of systems through monitoring of daily reporting and processes, including reconciling as required
- Develop an organization that is focused on value added activities, maintaining a high level of productivity, integrity and trust thereby positioned to respond to the needs of a growing Vega and our customers
- Deliver best in class service to internal and external partners; Anticipate and implement organizational changes to support key Vega initiatives and respond to changes in market, technology and our customer’s
- Provide hands-on leadership and partner with sales, finance, supply chain and other key internal partners to resolve issues and improve processes for efficiency
- Assist to ensure Business Control Compliance for credit risk and invoice to cash functions as required. May work closely with internal control to provide information to ensure controls are in place and compliance is maintained
- Perform regular leadership duties, ensure financial goals and objectives are consistently met; coach and mentor team members and consistently strive to raise the bar.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of progressive experience in Finance roles within the consumer product goods (CPG) industry is a must
- Previous exposure and positive interaction with a Sales team is required
- Clear understanding of setting KPIs
- Experience working in a policy-driven environment
- Experience working with large customers (Target, Costco, Amazon)
- Demonstrated ability to lead a high performing team that fosters team spirit
- Proven track record for being a high performer and process improvement leader
- Ability to work cross functionally with a variety of departments
- Knowledge of ERP systems. NetSuite experience is an asset
- Deep understanding of Excel and all Microsoft Applications
- Prior finance and deduction management experience
- Working knowledge of credit to cash bolt-on software preferred
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational, presentation skills
- Excels in both oral and written communication skills, able to tell stories with data
- Influential ability to interact and communicate with all levels in a matrix organization
- Proactive nature with the ability to implement change as required
- Strong interpersonal awareness; experience interacting with all levels of management
- Desire and ability to work on a variety of projects and initiatives as required
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com with “Accounts Receivable Manager” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.