Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as an Accounts Receivable Coordinator at Vega. Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Manager, you will be responsible for processing high volume credit requests; Debit Notes / Invoices / Refunds. Day to day, you will maintain up to date SOP’s for auditing purposes, support reconciliation of all customer accounts and resolve problems using the correct accounting processes and procedures. You will have the opportunity to support process improvements by collaborating with cross-functional departments as well, you will support the success of finance through key periods of change by having an infectious, positive, can-do attitude. To succeed in this role, you must have 1-2 years of experience working in a high-volume data entry environment as well as advanced knowledge of Excel (vlookups, pivot tables).
- Always comply with the established Accounts Receivable and Collections policy as well as the Delegation of Authority
- Process high volume credit requests; Debit Notes / Invoices / Refunds into Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system within specified timelines
- Support reconciliation of all customer accounts; proactively collaborates with AR team members to ensure Credits tied to Deductions are issued in a timely manner
- Review transactions /deductions and support resolving problems using the correct accounting processes and procedures
- Maintain up to date SOP’s for audit purposes
- Take responsibility for project deadlines, collaborate with various departments to ensure deductions are coded appropriately and timely
- Support the success of finance through key periods of change by having an infectious, positive and can-do attitude
- Support process improvements by collaborating with cross-functional departments and executing ideas with a strong understanding of lateral impacts
- Work with Account Managers and Collectors to acquire approval for credits/deductions
- Investigate requests and acquire approvals from appropriate personnel
- Asses and determine the documentation required to comply with controls while processing credits into ERP. Request support documentation/back-up as required
- Provide coverage and support other finance functions in the event of an unexpected increase in transactional volume or as needed by management.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in a publicly traded company environment
- Strong understanding of basic accounting principles
- Experience working in a high-volume data entry environment
- Pleasant and professional communication skills (video, phone and email)
- MS Office (ex: Outlook knowledge: task and follow-up prioritization, Excel knowledge: vlookups, pivot tables)
- Intermediate knowledge of ERP systems (NetSuite knowledge is an asset)
- Highly organized with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to thrive working under pressure
- Ability to adapt to new ideas and constant changes in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated team player with an infectious, positive and can-do attitude
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Annual bonuses
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Employer matching RRSP Program
- Flexible unlimited time off
- Parental Leave top-up
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Virtual daily fitness classes
- Access to Vega’s Online Learning Library
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks*
- Green Transit incentives*
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee*
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounts Receivable Coordinator” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.