Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging contract position exists as an Accounting Coordinator at Vega. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will assist the Senior Accountants to achieve Finance departmental goals in the areas of accounting and payroll. Day to day, you will be responsible for performing accounting and payroll administration duties as well as timely, accurate and reliable financial information for various stakeholders within Vega and our parent company, Danone. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years in both Accounting and Payroll administration along with a relentless drive and passion for the Vega brand. We are seeking solutions-oriented individuals who have experience working in and also thrive in fast-paced, changing environment.
This position is open to remote candidates. During the exceptional circumstances due to COVID-19, we are currently working virtually while our office remains open for access.
- Perform bank recs, month end working papers, reconciliations and journal entries
- Provide monthly variance analysis, including payroll and banks
- Review and examine expenses to find cost savings opportunities
- Daily maintenance of Concur expense software
- Audit employee expense reports
- Monitor various finance support inboxes
- Review and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Analyze financial information and provide reports
- Other Ad Hoc projects as assigned
- Post payroll journal entries for over 170 employees including bi-weekly in Canada and US
- Prepare payroll related reconciliations and journal entries
- Perform and analyze intercompany payroll transactions
- Prepare quarterly Workers Compensation reporting in BC and Ontario
- Calculate and report monthly Employer Health Tax in BC
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing data
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement in all aspects of payroll
- Coordinate with Danone payroll team to ensure accurate coding of Dayforce journals
Skills and Qualifications
- University or College Diploma in Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive Accounting and Payroll administration experience
- Experience in a high-volume, fast-paced environment of 100+ employees is required
- Experience using Concur software a strong asset
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven and accurate data entry skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Innovative problem-solving skills with an entrepreneurial, flexible mind-set
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability work independently and in a high performing team
- Self-starter with the ability to respond quickly and accurately on multiple priorities
- Proficient problem solver with the ability to work with cross-functional teams
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contract Performance Bonuses
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Extended Health Plan
- Vacation time
- Summer hours (June to September)
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Virtual daily fitness classes
- Paid volunteer day
- Access to Vega’s Online Learning Library
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks*
- Green Transit incentives*
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee*
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting Coordinator – 6 month contract” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.