Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging contract position exists as a Account Manager for Vancouver Island. Reporting to the Regional Team Lead, the Account Manager will strategically manage and grow account groups within the assigned territory. You will oversee account promotion budgets, promotional plans, and merchandising plans to maximize sales growth priorities and objectives.
Day to day, you will be responsible for developing and managing an efficient sales call schedule, while building strong relationships with assigned retailers and team members within your assigned territory. In this role, you will have the opportunity to identify educational and training opportunities within each retailer, as well, develop and manage merchandising strategies based on Regional Promo plans. You will also be responsible for managing trade programs and account promotion budgets and plans, and identifying cross-merchandising opportunities throughout the store with buyers, department managers and store leadership. The ideal candidate will be passionate about driving sales; will be proactive in their approach and an energetic self-starter.
This full-time position is responsible for retail accounts on Vancouver Island. Access to a reliable vehicle is required.
- Manage key customer groups within a high performing territory
- Create efficient, productive sales call schedule
- Manage annual forecasts in collaboration with the sales team leads
- Manage account promotion budgets, promotional plans, and merchandising plans
- Develop strong relationships with Department Managers, Buyers, Store Leadership
- Identify educational opportunities and conduct floor trainings
- Provide education and training on all Vega products to account groups
- Secure orders during store visits
Merchandising and Promotions:
- Communicate National and Regional promo plans to store level buyers and managers
- Develop and execute merchandising strategies with stores based on National and Regional promo plans
- Create promo and business plans, outlining activity to drive sales
- Schedule end-cap or off-shelf placement with stores in support of promotions and create suggested promo orders
- Ensure Vega products are 100% in stock at store level
- Secure prominent, eye-level shelf placement in each product category at store level
- Identify cross-merchandising opportunities throughout the store and work with buyers, department managers, and store leadership to implement placement throughout the store
- Talk with end consumers at store level to educate and assist stores in selling Vega products
- Manage your trade program to maximize your sales growth priorities and objectives
- Analyze trade investment reports to ensure efficient and effective use of trade dollars to maximize sales growth
Working with Internal Departments:
- Inform all departments of large promotions to reduce chance of out of stocks and work load backlog
- Ensure customer files are accurate and inform Retail Support Representative (RSR) of any changes
- Contact RSR regarding specific shipping requests or questions
- Create reports outlining sales promotion recaps and store performances
- Analyze reports to identify areas of opportunity and threats
- Advise Marketing Department of opportunities for promotions and threats from competition
- Participate in trade shows and special events
Skills and Qualifications
- University or College Degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of previous experience in field sales
- Experience managing budgets and creating annual forecasts
- Ability to manage account promotional plans, and merchandising plans
- Exceptional Microsoft Office knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Experienced negotiator
- Comfort and skill in problem solving and resolving customer issues
- Energetic, proactive self-starter with a desire to achieve strong sales results
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contract completion bonus
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Extended Health Plan
- Vacation pay
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Car allowance
- Collaborative team environment
- Quarterly team events
- Virtual daily fitness classes
- Access to Vega’s Online Learning Library
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at email@example.com with “Account Manager – Vancouver Island” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.